ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I can not EXPORTAT flv (rgb + alpha)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felipe DiazI can not EXPORTAT flv (rgb + alpha)
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 3:46:48 pm

Day greetings to all, I am writing to ask for help with an issue that is getting me gray hairs. I'm trying to export some videos in flv format for inclusion in an animation Flash, But I need that videos have alpha channel, I made a chroma in after CS4 and when I go to export, It shows only activated Las channel options (rgb) and (alpha) but not the need (rgb + alpha) Do not know if I'm missing some codec or something, Can someone help.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: I can not EXPORTAT flv (rgb + alpha)
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 4:17:20 pm

from "Render and export a composition as an FLV or F4V file":

"To include the alpha channel in the FLV output, use the On2 VP6 codec and select Encode Alpha Channel in the Video tab of the export settings dialog box."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Justin BuserRe: I can not EXPORTAT flv (rgb + alpha)
by on Jan 21, 2013 at 6:03:52 am

I do this but it exports as yuv + alpha, not RGB, do you know how I might export to rgba?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 23, 2013 at 3:09:14 am

The On2 VP6 codec (the video codec used for FLV) encodes color data as YUV. It does not use RGB.

After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Justin BuserRe: I can not EXPORTAT flv (rgb + alpha)
by on Jan 24, 2013 at 2:11:58 pm

Right... I clearly was already aware that the output was YUV, however VP6, Sorensen(sp?), or whatever codec is used isn't the issue. FLV is a container, not a codec, the issue is how do I make it encode what it says it's encoding? I'm assuming that if the only possible output was YUV then the encoder would say YUV + Alpha, however it quite specifically says RGB + Alpha, so I'm guessing there must be another codec available that I don't have or something.

When I export to Uncompressed AVI and select RGB + Alpha, it outputs RGBA as expected. I also have the the Color Management output profile set to sRGB, which seems to do nothing. I don't understand what the point of even having the option to choose an output format is if just ignores your choice and does what it wants...

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2013 at 12:19:35 am

I can see how that is a bit confusing, but the actual sense of the RGB+Alpha is that these are the channels that are being output from After Effects render phase and being read by the encoder.

I'll submit a bug report, though, noting that the current UI isn't clear.

After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]