ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Todd Kopriva - A question For You..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy FabianoTodd Kopriva - A question For You..
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 3:27:12 pm

Hey Todd, Since you're in-the-know w/ Adobe over there at work.. was wondering..

My Dell Inspiron 1720 can output NTSC 720x480 from the s-video port. Are the devs ever planning on enabling the preview monitor for that? I can only output to a preview monitor that's on firewire which seems lame when I have the necessary hardware built into my computer, why go out and buy more stuffs?

Should I file a feature request? Or is this unrealistic?

-Jeremy

-------------------------------------------------
If you didn't supply enough information I will start making assumptions. I'm usually wrong when I assume.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Todd Kopriva - A question For You..
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 3:47:57 pm

hey jeremy,

i can't speak for adobe, but my assumption would be that the responsibility would lie more with dell or the hardware provider for the svideo port to create/modify the driver to support that...

you could add a video i/o card (aja, decklink, matrox...) that can do what you are looking for, but i believe that is because they create the drivers to do so, not so much that adobe enables it.

adobe may have done something a bit special to make ae work with firewire, but firewire is on nearly every system for the past 10 years, svideo isn't native on many systems (and it is slowly getting phased out as a connection in video products).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jeremy FabianoRe: Todd Kopriva - A question For You..
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 4:16:43 pm

True for the most part, but I do think it's part of After Effects as you should also be able to preview on a 2nd monitor (or other, I have 3 monitors, sometimes 4 on my system). There was an AE plugin by some german company, but no one on here's even heard of it, it allowed AE to show a live preview on any monitor of your choosing, but I dunno about buy overseas stuff without knowing someone who's done business with them before.. A lot of shifty people in the world. No sense in giving someone my CC# to find my bank acct empty :S

If someone can do that with a 200-500kb plugin, then Adobe can add in that feature with some disclaimer about it not being exactly 100% accurate. Just my opinion lol...

-Jeremy

If you didn't supply enough information I will start making assumptions. I'm usually wrong when I assume.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Todd Kopriva - A question For You..
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 5:12:31 pm

I think that this is a fine feature request.

Here's a link to the feature-request form.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Jeremy FabianoRe: Todd Kopriva - A question For You..
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 7:22:39 pm

Thank you for the link!

I'm submitting it now, hoping it's something they'll fix :)

-Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]