ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

png image sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tas Underwoodpng image sequence
by on Oct 19, 2009 at 12:10:34 pm

Hi there,

I have some clips in premiere pro cs4 which I have sped up using the speed/duration setting. I then want to send these clips to After Effects so I can export them as a PNG sequence. I am struggling to work out the best way of sending these edited clips to After Effects so that when they appear they have been edited to the right time and sped up. It seems the whole clip appears there which isn't what I want. Help please!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: png image sequence
by on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:06:06 pm

[Tas Underwood] "I have some clips in premiere pro cs4 which I have sped up using the speed/duration setting. I then want to send these clips to After Effects so I can export them as a PNG sequence. "

Can you tell us why you're going from Premiere to AE to a PNG sequence? What are you trying to accomplish by doing that?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeff BonanoRe: png image sequence
by on Oct 19, 2009 at 5:21:39 pm

My suggestion would be to just enable time remapping in AE make your adjustments with the speed there, then you are already set up to render the comp as a .PNG sequence.

I wouldn't suggest using Premier first because you might be dropping some of the quality depending on what you render the clip as before you send it to After Effects and you are doing a lot of work that you shouldn't have to do. AE is powerful enough to handle your clips unless it's a raw DV clip, then I'm not sure because I've never tried raw DV in AE. But i digress...

I think it would save you some time and frustration just using After Effects. Granted it's not the best to use as a NLE, but for what you are using it for, it should work.

Jeff Bonano
http://www.bonanoproductions.com

"I want to have a cool quote at the bottom of my signature, just like everyone else on the cow forum!" -Jeff Bonano

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]