ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cant open a project in AE which has chinese names

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avinash ChandiramaniCant open a project in AE which has chinese names
by on Oct 19, 2009 at 11:12:05 am

Hi

I downloaded a project in After Effect which has Chinese name. All the associated images, etc have Chinese names. The Chinese characters shows up properly in Windows (I am using Win XP). I tried to open the Chinese files (.tga files) in Photoshop and it opened fine. There were AE and Max files which are giving me tons of problems. Max cannot open the file and AE opens the project but shows all links as missing and the names appear in English characters and I cannot make head or tail as to which Chinese files I should link them too. To top it off, I cannot import any file with the Chinese names into After Effects. Please can someone suggest as to how I can open the project with proper links (all in Chinese).

Regards
Avinash

Return to posts index

Xinlai NiRe: Cant open a project in AE which has chinese names
by on Oct 19, 2009 at 3:53:57 pm

Windows has always been nice to me for opening unicode filenames, but have you tried changing the windows locale to Chinese for the time you do your editing?

Xinlai Ni
Software Engineer, Google Inc.

Return to posts index

Avinash ChandiramaniRe: Cant open a project in AE which has chinese names
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 10:24:14 am

Hi

Thanks for this tip. How do I change the windows locale to Chinese? I am using After Effects CS3 in Windows XP.

I had not thought of changing the default font....... Will try that and see.

Avinash

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Cant open a project in AE which has chinese names
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 12:45:31 am

You didn't mention which version of After Effects you're using. Unicode character support got much better in After Effects CS4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]