ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Flying through words

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Linzer
Flying through words
on Oct 18, 2009 at 6:19:05 pm

I have read all of the other posts regarding this subject but none seem to address my question. I have made a flying through words clip but unfortunately every time it looks more like the words are rushing towards me rather than flying through stationary words. I am using AE CS4 on a mac. can someone give me a suggestion of how to change this?

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
Re: Flying through words
on Oct 19, 2009 at 10:03:04 am

Check this out:

http://maltaannon.com/articles/after-effects/particular-2-overview/

Might be of use.

Other wise - are you in 3d space, using a 3d camera? More info please.

Cheers
PAul

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 19, 2009 at 3:23:12 pm

[Gary Linzer] "...every time it looks more like the words are rushing towards me rather than flying through stationary words..."

It sounds like a compositional issue. What else is in the picture that provides a visual point of reference that the camera is moving toward the words rather than vice-versa?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gary Linzer
on Oct 19, 2009 at 7:11:29 pm

Thanks for responding. The words are in space without any other reference points. I thought I could do something like those screen savers that fly though the stars(if that makes sense) only rather than stars it would be with words. Naturally I wouldn't want hundreds of words but maybe 50-75 on different planes to make it appear that you are flying through space as you pass by the words. The words would be spread out over the comp at different positions.Hopefully that makes it clear. Thanks again

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 19, 2009 at 7:44:35 pm

A particle effect may be just the ticket. Something like CC Particle World, for instance. You can create entire words as a particle, you can set the effect to use custom particles like your words, and there's GOT to be a preset that simulates a starfield.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Oct 19, 2009 at 11:18:07 pm

I've done similar with Zaxwerks layer tools...you can push elements all throughout z depth...

Return to posts index

Gary Linzer
on Oct 20, 2009 at 2:48:59 am

I apologize for my blindness...I don't see anything about custom particles in the "particle type" menu, am I looking in the wrong place?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]