ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

mapping filters from Motion to AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alda Snopekmapping filters from Motion to AE
by on Oct 18, 2009 at 4:23:09 pm

Is there a way to map filters from Apple Motion to use in Adobe's After Effects?
Is it possible?
(in particular i would like to use the pinch distort filter from Motion in AE)

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: mapping filters from Motion to AE
by on Oct 18, 2009 at 9:43:14 pm

Map? Do you mean can you open a Motion project in AE or AE in Motion? No to both.
Or do you mean is there a nice list someplace that compares the vast numbers of effects available from all suppliers for each of the apps? Again, no.

Pinch? I think you start looking at the distortion filters in Motion's library/preview section till you see something that approximates what you want to do. Finishing up yardwork, barbecuing, and working on my bicycles, not at my video machine today or I'd try to be more help by looking up Pinch in AE for you and seeing what looks good in Motion. You're on your own till Monday.

Return to posts index

Alda SnopekRe: mapping filters from Motion to AE
by on Oct 21, 2009 at 2:44:44 pm

hope your garden is finished by now!
ok, I'll try to be more specific...
For some time i have been working with Motion and in my work as an video artist i work a lot with the 'pinch distortion' effect from Motion.
Just recently i started to work with Adobe 's After Effects and discovered all the lovely distortion tools over there which offer me more possibilities and control.
However I did not find the exactly same kind of pinch distort filter as in Motion...(meaning simple parameters for centre, radius and scaling the pinched image) and i really tried everything in AE.
So I was just wondering: am I obliged to buy a whole set of third party filters (f.i.Noise Industries)
for using just this one filter...
Is there a cheaper and/or other possibility?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved