ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Proper procedure to move mask path from one spot to another with no "in-between"?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick DaneProper procedure to move mask path from one spot to another with no "in-between"?
by on Oct 18, 2009 at 7:26:52 am

I'm using a mask path to cover up part of a layer, one frame it is in one place (not covering anything) then the next frame I want it to jump immediately to cover a specified area. I thought I had this worked out by using a hold keyframe, I get it to jump to a completely different spot from seemingly one frame to the next but then I noticed it is actually jumping a few frames later than where I have put the hold keyframe... I have lined up the keyframe using hold shift feature so that it lines up with a new layer that starts showing when the hold mask is supposed to take effect (since this new layer is replacing the old one)... I'm not sure why its doing it where it starts a few frames late... I've tried zooming in on the keyframe area to the max but it is definitely lined up as far as I can tell.. .I'd appreciate if anyone has advice on this.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Proper procedure to move mask path from one spot to another with no "in-between"?
by on Oct 18, 2009 at 3:58:01 pm

I have no idea why it would be doing that but you could try to key the "mask opacity" property instead of the "mask path" and see if that works any better.

-E

Return to posts index

Michael HeidRe: Proper procedure to move mask path from one spot to another with no "in-between"?
by on Oct 19, 2009 at 10:12:00 am

Strange.... You could also command shift D the layer at that point and adjust accordingly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]