ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering out a composition with layers hidden still seems to include them?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Dane
Rendering out a composition with layers hidden still seems to include them?
on Oct 18, 2009 at 7:00:32 am

I've been testing this and I'm pretty sure this is occuring where when I have objects within a composition hidden it still seems to add to the render file size (they don't show in the end video, but...) it still makes the file size larger and I think makes the render take longer.. is there a reason for this? Is there a way to not include them in the render. Thanks for any info

Return to posts index

Xinlai Ni
Re: Rendering out a composition with layers hidden still seems to include them?
on Oct 18, 2009 at 7:08:25 am

Size of the rendered file is determined by the resolution of the composition and the compression, not by how many layers have been used in the composition -- it's the final array of rendered pixels that count for the file size. But the more layers you have, the more rendering time it needs because the computation required by the rendering will be more with more complex layer set up.

Xinlai Ni
Software Engineer, Google Inc.

Return to posts index

Rick Dane
on Oct 18, 2009 at 7:23:41 am

I could have sworn that when I had layers hidden it was making the render time longer then when I took the same composition and deleted those layers that were hidden and rendered it out... I've been on the computer way too much the last few days working out some encoding issues to things are a bit blurry and I will double check but I noticed this on more than one occassion

Return to posts index

Xinlai Ni
on Oct 18, 2009 at 5:10:56 pm

It's not a surprise to me, it depends on how the renderer is internally implemented and optimized. At least a hidden layer requires some computation to decide that it doesn't need rendering.

Xinlai Ni
Software Engineer, Google Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]