ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Two videos in the same composition, one of them doesn't play properly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordi Parra
Two videos in the same composition, one of them doesn't play properly
on Oct 16, 2009 at 11:16:16 pm

Hi,

I'm putting together two videos in the same composition but I'm having some problems when both are playing at the same time.

In the video that plays during the whole composition, I'm explaining how does something work and at some points I want to show the screencast I took with my laptop without covering the hole screen. I have both in the composition, and when the screencast is visible it doesn't cover the whole screen so I can see both at the same time.

The problem is that when the screencast is playing on top of the other video, the video in the background plays at a lower frame rate.

The screencast was originally at 15fps, but I have converted it to 30fps and tried interpreting footage as 30fps, the video in the background is 30fps, but nothing seems to work. There's no way I can have them both playing smoothly at the same time.

On the other hand, the video on top plays normally. Is there anything I am missing? I really don't know how to fix that.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Two videos in the same composition, one of them doesn't play properly
on Oct 18, 2009 at 1:11:59 am

Jordi,
Is your composition set to 30fps or 15fps? It should be set to 30fps for the live action video to play smoothly.

Also, the screencast will probably look a little jerky anyway if you play it back at normal speed since it is only 15fps footage. Interpreting it to 30fps just makes it play back twice as fast - and it will probably look smoother as a result.

You can use the 15fps footage in a 30fps comp, just don't expect it to look as smooth as the 30fps video.

Hope that helps.

-E

Return to posts index

Jordi Parra
on Oct 18, 2009 at 10:53:31 am

I could fix it. I think the problem was with the footage originally shot at 30fps. The compression of the file had something wrong. It was taken with a digital camera and maybe the compression used by default was a bit weird. I could fix it using Episode to reconvert everything to 30fps (even the original file that was shot at 30fps) and used h264 for both.

I replaced the footage in AE and no problem, everything worked perfectly.

Anyways, thanks for your advice! I thought maybe everything had to be at the same frame rate to render properly, but I guess it was one of the files that was not working fine.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Oct 18, 2009 at 3:45:48 pm

No problem. Glad to hear you got it working.

-E

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]