ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

pls help! 12k x4k buffer error + bad tracked ID

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonas espinozapls help! 12k x4k buffer error + bad tracked ID
by on Oct 16, 2009 at 7:32:31 am

on a 10.5.6 MBP with 4g of ram, running AE CS4 9.0.2 (just upgraded)

doing a project with a bunch of c4d renders i rendered at 3k precomped

everything was fine until one point, i started getting these errors. bad tracked memory ID and a memory error with a pixel dimension of nothing i have in the project.

i did everything i thought of, prerendering all my web movie assets, checking color mode of things, upgrading my version of AE

I am really stumped and ready to get back to reliable rendering which is much better than what i'm going through

does anyone have any tips for this? thanks so much

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: pls help! 12k x4k buffer error + bad tracked ID
by on Oct 16, 2009 at 4:30:39 pm

> ...and a memory error with a pixel dimension of nothing i have in the project.

One thing to keep in mind is that the size of an image buffer that is needed is not limited to the size of the layer. For example, a glow or blur requires a buffer that extends somewhat beyond the layer. (For more information, see this page.)

Also, with only 4GB of RAM, you certainly shouldn't be using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing. (You didn't say that you were, but one of the most common problems that I see is people turning that on when they don't have enough RAM to feed the additional processes.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]