ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

help for a newb

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arden Hamrickhelp for a newb
by on Oct 15, 2009 at 8:21:46 pm

Hi,

I just stared using After Effects Cs3 yesterday, and I need to create a crowd simulation. I have the green screen footage already imported. Could anyone give me a step by step process to filling up an arena? The tutorials I've watched aren't for newbs like me unfortunately. Any help at all would be awesome.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: help for a newb
by on Oct 15, 2009 at 8:51:45 pm

[Arden Hamrick] "I just stared using After Effects Cs3 yesterday, and I need to create a crowd simulation.... The tutorials I've watched aren't for newbs like me unfortunately."

That's because the type of project you're undertaking isn't for newbies.

AE isn't the kind of application where you can say, "I'll only learn the stuff I need to know to do this one thing." In AE, you start with the basics and build your knowledge... and there are a LOT of basics. So if you really need to do this, I'm afraid you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

But who knows? You may luck out, and somebody with too much time on his or her hands may actually take the challenge of puting together a step-by-step for someone with less than 24 hours of AE experience... but it won't be me.

Be prepared to answer a lot of questions. Be prepared to ask followup questions.

Then be prepared to read a LOT of steps, and I mean a whole lot of steps -- page after page of 'em. No kidding.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Arden HamrickRe: help for a newb
by on Oct 15, 2009 at 9:20:15 pm

Hahaha, I figured I was in over my head. Thanks a lot though, guess I'll have to keep playing with it for a while.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: help for a newb
by on Oct 15, 2009 at 10:05:05 pm

As you're playing, don't forget about the AE tutorials here on the COW... AE podcasts, too. Don't overlook tutorials for older versions -- there are still valuable thing in them that still apply to later versions.

You'd also benefit from visiting videocopilot -- it has an AE 101 section... very helpful.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: help for a newb
by on Oct 16, 2009 at 11:56:58 am

As always, Dave has provided some very good advice ... I'll just add a reminder not to forget a great but often overlooked resource -the AE manual. As Dave pointed out, AE is not the kind of software one can learn by just opening it up and clicking a few things to see what happens.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]