ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Converting a project+content to a different format/size?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avi Aflalo
Converting a project+content to a different format/size?
on Oct 15, 2009 at 7:53:08 pm

hi!

i have a title project in HD format (1920X1080) which i like to use, but i need it in pal.

is there any easy way of doing this without having to edit the size of the titles, and changing positions of elements and camera?

i just need all the elements in my new PAL project to look the same way they look on the HD project (except the aspect ratio of the frame, which is not an issue)

Thanks in advance!

P

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Converting a project+content to a different format/size?
on Oct 15, 2009 at 8:21:14 pm

[Avi Aflalo] "i have a title project in HD format (1920X1080) which i like to use, but i need it in pal. "

I will make two assumptions: 1) the HD comp is at a PAL frame rate of 25fps, and you mean 720x576 when you say "pal".

[Avi Aflalo] "i just need all the elements in my new PAL project to look the same way they look on the HD project (except the aspect ratio of the frame, which is not an issue) "

Based on my assumptions above, it's easy:
  • Nest the HD comp inside the SD PAL comp.
  • Scale the nested comp to fit from the top to the bottom. The sides of the nested HD comp will be cut off.
  • Render.

That's all there is to it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Avi Aflalo
on Oct 17, 2009 at 11:49:31 pm

first, thanks for the reply dave.

the thing is that i need to edit and rebuild the text and elements within the HD template and i want to avoid of working in such a heavy Frame size.

in another words, i don't want to nest the comp as an HD inside a pal but to somehow move them and they're animation to a pal scale and then edit what i need.

any other idea?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:47:07 pm

Parent the necessary layers in the HD comp to a null object, then copy-paste into the SD comp. Scale the null object to fit all layers properly.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]