ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

help with exporting to a flash file

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson Mayhelp with exporting to a flash file
by on Oct 15, 2009 at 7:39:07 pm

I am entry level on CS3 and know nothing about flash. We have one of those computerized TV sign boards and I am creating content in AE and exporting to flash.

I am using the render que, but I can't get the flash video to play past the 1st frame on the sign board.

My comp is 1320x786 and I exported to 1080. That was the only choice I had. Do I need to give it other parameters like in and out points or is this a simple task and I am missing something rudimentary?

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Will CavanaghRe: help with exporting to a flash file
by on Oct 16, 2009 at 2:37:12 pm

Flash video (FLV, F4V) or Flash animation (SWF, FLA)?

If the former, export in a lossless format and use AME, Squeeze, SUPER, FFMPEGX, or whatever you have instead of doing it in AE CS3's render queue. You'll have more control, and it won't crash every other time you try and export it. FLV/F4V support in CS4 is improved, and AME CS4 is actually pretty good.

If the latter, DON'T. After Effects -> Flash animation conversion doesn't work well at all, and you'll embarrass yourself in front of the client when he realizes the SFW is 2MB when it should be 500KB. If you need to make SWFs, hire a Flash artist to make them for you (show him the AE comp as a reference), or learn Flash.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved