ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

color correction workflow: viewing all shots in a matrix

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Goetz
color correction workflow: viewing all shots in a matrix
on Oct 15, 2009 at 4:48:27 pm

Hey COWs,

sort of a workflow discussion question here. When it comes to color correction I like to just step back from all my individual shots from time to time and see how they all look over time from one shot to another.

To do this I just simply make a matrix of my shots and just make a comp as large as needed. Then I just freeze a frame in each shot and then assess how the overall piece is looking. Maybe some shots are too dark, too much contrast, too much saturation etc. etc. Then I edit accordingly.

This is something I picked up from a photography professor in college and just applied it to motion shots. I was wondering if anyone else uses a system like this or even a system different to this.

I've only got about a year under my belt of extensive color correction and am always looking for ways to improve and become more efficient. Maybe someone has a fews tips or another way I could achieve this.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: color correction workflow: viewing all shots in a matrix
on Oct 15, 2009 at 5:08:56 pm

That's a pretty good trick when you're working in Primary Color Correction, where the exposures of your shots can be all over the place. It shouldn't be all that necessary during Secondary Color Correction.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]