Exporting .mpeg

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christofer Wetterholm
Exporting .mpeg
on Oct 14, 2009 at 3:10:24 pm

Hello there!!
I have a big question,
i´ m trying to output a mpeg2 programstream with the fileextension.mpeg or .mpg but i only get a file with the file extension.m2v

Is there anyway to do this in aftereffects or do i have to do it in another aplication?

The file is pal 720 576 anamorphic and i need to upload it to finish tv chanels and they request a mpeg2 file.

/Christofer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Don't use AE To Do It!
on Oct 14, 2009 at 4:58:32 pm

AE is just about the WORST thing you can use to convert footage to mpeg2. There are two reasons: AE is incapable of multipass encoding, which makes the picture much, MUCH better. AE can't make the file you need, an mpeg 2 program stream. AE is fine to use for mpeg 2 encoding if you want to show a client how the project is going. It is totally unacceptable for final delivery.

You should use something other than AE to convert your footage. Soprenson Video 3, Apple's Compressor, and Adobe Media Encoder are popular compression applications, and they will all do a better job than AE. Furthermore, they can actually DO the job, and AE can't.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Christofer Wetterholm
Re: Don't use AE To Do It!
on Oct 15, 2009 at 7:59:17 am

Thanks!! I have tryed with compressor and cleaner but with no luck at all.
But yesterday i tried a demo of episode telestream and it seems like it will do the job.
Anyway i hope so

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 15, 2009 at 2:23:13 pm

if you have cs4, you should have adobe media encoder. it will create a .mpg mpeg2....

ame can also render a comp from a ae project file, select the ae project when importing, then select the comp... although i still render from ae and import that into the utility... maybe i'm too old -- or i just need time to do some test comparisons. i have noticed that ae rendering is usually faster (w/ mp enabled) than ame, for whatever that's worth.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 15, 2009 at 5:19:32 pm

[Christofer Wetterholm] "...i tried a demo of episode telestream and it seems like it will do the job..."

It certainly will. Good choice. I take it you need to deliver an mpeg2 Program Stream.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]