ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particular 2

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason BenjaminParticular 2
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 6:54:00 pm

Does Particular or Particular 2 render faster when you have 1300 particles per second or 130 particles per second with an Aux system running an additional 10 particles per "Master" particle per second? So either way we have 1300 per second total. I seem to be running at death speeds trying to render this composition.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Particular 2
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 7:03:56 pm

No matter how you slice it, 1300 particles/sec is a BUNCH. It's no wonder it's a slow render.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jason BenjaminRe: Particular 2
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 7:38:00 pm

Well seeing as Particular 2 can burst up to 1 million per second, I dont think 1300 is a much, but I am really looking to be efficient and not be careless with my RAM. I only wonder this because in 3D programs there is a child/parent relationship where you preview the parent but output both at the end.

Return to posts index

Mike ParkRe: Particular 2
by on Oct 14, 2009 at 5:56:15 pm

Havent tested it, but I use Particular A BUNCH and it appears that it is the total particle count, normal and aux, that matter. I dont see much difference in speed one vs. the other. BTW, remember that if you use motion blur, specifically subframe sample, all of those samples count as particles. So if you use a subframe sample of 10, multiply your particle count by 10. I routinely use hundreds of thousands of particles and the rendering speed is not too bad, even on my laptop.

Hope this helps,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved