ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Colorama on PSD leaves "shading" streaks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Micheel LeavittColorama on PSD leaves "shading" streaks
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 7:04:29 am

A pencil sketching I masked in Photoshop CS3 and animated in AE CS3, exported as a Quicktime Animation (75 quality) 1920x1080 makes these strange streaks after Colorama is applied to it:

anyone have any clue why? They are not there when it is turned off, and I checked in full zoom in PS and AE and they are non-existant. Why only with Colorama? Hue/Saturation won't do it, and neither will Curves. If anyone has any insight on this problem it would be great. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris BrearleyRe: Colorama on PSD leaves "shading" streaks
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 9:53:06 am

Probably something to do with your graphics card. Solution = Buy a new graphics card. If the other plugins work then just use them. By the looks of things it's not like you need to use colorama to achieve the effect you are after.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Colorama on PSD leaves "shading" streaks
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 3:01:28 pm

Before you rush out to get a new graphics card, check to see if you're rendering or previewing with Open GL enabled. If so, turn them off.

Typically previewing with Open GL on isn't that big a deal. However, just forget about rendering with Open GL turned on. It does more harm than good.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tony SilvaRe: Colorama on PSD leaves "shading" streaks
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 4:30:14 pm

are you exporting an alpha as straight/unmatted? If so do you still see them when you bring them back into AE? Not just viewing them in QT. Did you try 100% quality?

Return to posts index

Micheel LeavittRe: Colorama on PSD leaves "shading" streaks
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 5:41:05 pm

Ah, I thought it looked like a bit of 3D shading... It does not have the streaks in ANY preview except Colorama applied. It was also done with Open GL on, which may be the problem. I'm using an ATI Radeon 2400 with 256mb of video memory, and it's only animating a masked photoshop layer with stroke to create motion. I'll try with GL turned off when I get home from school tonight and see if that helps. I am also using a premultiplied alpha channel, can that affect it? Thanks a lot for all the replies, and out of curiousity, if it is indeed a new graphics card that needs to be gotten, anyone know a good one that will work with a Dell slim model with Vista Premium 32 bit?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved