ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

growing graphics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kris tomigrowing graphics
by on Oct 12, 2009 at 10:14:36 pm

I have checked already the forum about making growing graphics and it helped BUT time consuming if I follow the tutorial

I got my graphics which is black lines and curves (ornement a bit like in the tutorial) on black and white (it is a drawing = JPG document.

If I follow the tutorial. I should draw by myself each line with his mask to make it apparears with write on effect.

I tried to use the auto-traced graphic which make a mask for the outLines that mean for a curve it gonna make 2 mask at least.

is there away to SMOOTH the mask (to make it simple mask afterwards?)

But after I am kind of stuck.
don t know really what to do to make it appears like growing in a write on way.
any clue?

I did a quick test using this mask(from the auto traced with a stroke effect (animated), used as a mask to reveal the graphics. doesn t really look good.
any idea, guys?

i am kind of new into motion graphics and i look forward to have new ideas...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: growing graphics
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 2:26:52 pm

[kris tomi] "...IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE IT EASIER time saving?????? "

Jayse's tutorial IS the way to make it time-saving. Welcome to After Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon GeddesRe: growing graphics
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 3:13:54 pm

There is no quick and easy way to do it. Growing elements takes TIME to look good. Many hours of tweaking and tedious work for a couple seconds of animation. In fact, it took a good day or two just to animate all the growing elements from our Swan Lake DVD/Blu-ray motion menu template seen here:

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Micheel LeavittRe: growing graphics
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 6:11:25 pm

It really depends on what you are working with. My advise (This saves myself time) is to take the full image into AE and mask the first branch, duplicate the layer, delete the mask, and draw the next branch. If it's a "blooming" object it's easiest to just make a whole bunch of traced leaves or other elements in AI and slap them in wherever you need them. Using Stroke is easier on the CPU from my own experiments to animate the "vines." Yet it still takes about two-three hours from the tracing on paper to getting the masked element to masking each individual item to animation. The really great thing is if you do in the highest resolution your CPU can handle you got an amazing animated flourish that can be used again and again in any size comp. Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved