ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera Traveling on Path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Serg ChernataCamera Traveling on Path
by on Oct 12, 2009 at 9:25:00 pm

I'm trying to make a camera travel on a curved shape that looks like a curved road in perspective. It is almost like a round curl and I want to have my camera travel on it.

I've tried creating a path for the camera to travel on and several other methods mentioned here.

Now I have no idea and I'm wondering if there are any methods you guys can recommend, prefer or can think of?

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Camera Traveling on Path
by on Oct 13, 2009 at 5:47:12 pm

There are several techniques that can work depending on the look you are trying to achieve.

One method is to animate a Null along the path (make the Null 3D) and parent the camera to it. Remember that the default setting for cameras in AFX is to look at the Point of Interest. You can either animate the POI or disable it by setting the cameras Orientation options (Layer > Transform > Auto Orient).

Return to posts index

Jeremy FabianoRe: Camera Traveling on Path
by on Oct 21, 2009 at 4:26:57 pm

To add to that, if you still want to use the point of interest (especially as it would be possible to 'look around' if you chose to) you could add a second null and put it in 'front' of the first null and link the POI to that null (3d as well of course).

Kind of like a train, with the camera on the back car, and the POI on the front car. Then you could move the front null left/right/up/down and the camera will 'look' that direction. The farther the space between the nulls, the more movement is needed to swing the camera.

Hope this inspires some ideas and good luck :)

If you didn't supply enough information I will start making assumptions. I'm usually wrong when I assume.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved