ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can we do this with only AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan A. Ibarra Peinado
Can we do this with only AE?
on Oct 10, 2009 at 6:37:43 pm

please check this video.

Anyone knows whats the tecnic to do that?

Thx in advance.


Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Can we do this with only AE?
on Oct 10, 2009 at 8:10:33 pm

Yes, that's something that you can do in After Effects.

The jargon for this currently very popular technique is 'tilt-shift'.

One component of a common approach is the Lens Blur effect. See the "Lens Blur effect" page; at the bottom of the page, there's a link to a tutorial on how to do this.

Here's an After Effects Community Help search that pulls up many more useful resources on this technique.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Will Cavanagh
Re: Can we do this with only AE?
on Oct 10, 2009 at 10:04:27 pm

To elaborate on what's already been said --

You can use the lens blur effect, setting the depth map to a solid with a white->black linear ramp on it. You can then use the positions of the black and white points to control where the blur starts and ends. I would also recommend playing with the bokeh settings in the lens blur effect for a more organic look.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved