ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Installation of Mocha AE with CS4 Prod. Prem.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe MoyaInstallation of Mocha AE with CS4 Prod. Prem.
by on Oct 10, 2009 at 3:40:35 am

I have been using Mocha's stand alone software for a long time... and, never used the Mocha AE version... at least until recently I decided use the version of Mocha that is suppose to be a new element of CS4 After Effects. So... I decided to install it on AE a few days ago.

However,... I have one big problem... where is Mocha in Production Premium CS4 After Effect.

I can't find it listed as an option on any of the installation disks...

Where is Mocha so that I can install in AE CS4? What am I missing here?

BTW, Adobe "technical support" has been useless...

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Installation of Mocha AE with CS4 Prod. Prem.
by on Oct 10, 2009 at 6:03:18 pm

mocha-AE should be installed by default with After Effects CS4. mocha-AE is still a standalone application. It is installed alongside all of the other applications in the Production Premium suite.

Regarding Adobe Technical Support: I provide some instructions in this blog post about how to communicate with Adobe, including instructions for sending me information with which to escalate issues with Adobe Technical Support. (Note: I'm not in Adobe Technical Support, and I'm not offering to solve your problem myself. But _if you give me a case number_ as instructed in that blog post, then I can use that to prod the Technical Support folks.)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Joe MoyaRe: Installation of Mocha AE with CS4 Prod. Prem.
by on Oct 10, 2009 at 11:06:47 pm

Thanks... that was it!

The problem was that the shortcut wasn't created during the install... and, I assumed it was a standard plug-in... located where other plug-ins would normally be. Instead, it is it's own directory with it's own shortcut.

Thanks for the help...As for Adobe's support... well, the problem is that I spoke to 6 different support personal over 3 days and NOT ONE even knew that Mocha was a part of AE (in fact, a few said it was a plug-in not included and tried to sluff the problem off to Imagineer). In every contact, I had to navigate the customer support person on the Adobe site to prove it was a part of AE.

This problem should not have been a difficult question to answer. However, I am feeling the language barrior and lack of knowledge regarding the very basics regarding Adobe software is definately not good for the products reputation and a waste of Adobe's money.

I don't want to make this post sound like a rant... but, I would strongly suggest that someone at Adobe call and audit there own support lines and verify the quality of the people working the phone lines. The past few days indicates that the support personal (on a large scale) does not fullfill the concept of "support" even on a basic knowledge level.

Thanks - have been very helpful.

Joe Moya

Side Note: As for escalating this problem... that too was a problem. It was supposedly escalated, but I never recieved any reply. Plus, I could not log into the support system... a seperate problem in and of itself... of which, that problem was also beyond there ability to help me with. I decided I would work with one problem at a time and chose to simply solve the Mocha problem first and work on the log-in issue second.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved