ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Is after effects the correct program for this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky KaufmanIs after effects the correct program for this?
by on Oct 9, 2009 at 7:49:39 pm

Ok first off let me give you a little background on myself. I do web development and web design along with photoshop and music editing for a small business. Until today, I have never touched after effects, but I have a very good knack for picking up computer programs with relative ease. The only video editing software I have experience in is premiere pro, all for making home movies, nothing professional. (I have the whole CS4). Anywho, this business is beginning to make a new website, and a key feature on this website will be animal music videos (odd i know right? marketed towards children). Anywho, my boss wanted to know if there was anyway I could make a "music video" syncing music sung by humans to animal (particularlily dog) mouths. So in essence, it looks like the dog is singing the human lyrics.

Here is a example from youtube of an example of this effect. A cat singing happy bday:

Sorry if I sound like a idiot, I am just a newbie when it comes to animation stuff. Is after effects the correct program to be making something like this in? Or should I use flash? Or a non adobe product? Like I said, I have most of my experience writing code and doing stills in photoshop, not much video experience so this project is a totally new deal for me.

thank you so much ahead of time for help.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Is after effects the correct program for this?
by on Oct 9, 2009 at 9:34:48 pm

The quick answer is "yes".

Here's an After Effects Community Help search for 'lip synch' that pulls up some great resources that explain how to use time-remapping to do lip synching work in After Effects.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved