ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Motion Graphics Logo-using my logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brett reader3D Motion Graphics Logo-using my logo
by on Oct 9, 2009 at 10:46:39 am

Can anyone point me in the right direction?, I am trying to create something like the 3D Motion Graphics Logo tutorial by Carl Larsen.

The thing is a want to use my company logo, so instead of the particles forming a cube sphere etc I want them to form the shape of my company logo.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can achieve this.

Many thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Will CavanaghRe: 3D Motion Graphics Logo-using my logo
by on Oct 10, 2009 at 10:12:00 pm

It might help to know what your logo looks like...

I'm going to assume you can't make it look "3d" in AE, in which case you would do best to use a 3d package.

If I were to do this, I would model the logo in c4d, place it in a cloner object (mograph module) and set up a volume effector to change the size of the cloned objects... I can elaborate if you decide to go this route.

Return to posts index

brett readerRe: 3D Motion Graphics Logo-using my logo
by on Oct 11, 2009 at 7:57:05 am

Hi and thanks for your reply.

The logo I want to use is the F1 logo (motorsport), I can create the logo as a solid in 3dS max as this is my native package.

I would be interested in knowing how you would do it then I can see if I can replicate this method.

Return to posts index

Will CavanaghRe: 3D Motion Graphics Logo-using my logo
by on Oct 11, 2009 at 8:20:44 am

Cool. I have 3DS at home, but unfortunately I'm stuck at work waiting for a render ATM, so I can't give you a walk-through.

In C4D, basically what I would do is stick the mode in a cloner -- essentially an array with a lot more control attached to it.

I would then use a volume effector to control the shape of the items (this is essentially a tool that controls the area that the array is allowed in)

I would also add a random effector, which allows me to offset the clones from their default (grid) position in the array, and to change their size. It is (obviously) random, within the parameters you give it.

I would also use a shader effector to control the color of the items.

I may use a bit of MOCCA or COFFEE to tie the different pieces together and make them easier to animate, but that's just icing.

I'm not sure how useful this will be in 3DS -- it's been a while since I've used it in a production environment but I don't think any of this will translate very directly at all.

Sorry if this is a little unclear -- I've been working on a project for about 14 hours now, and the render is shaping up to go for at least 5 (on a render farm.) Gotta love 3d...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved