ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Removing bugs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg SchoenbaechlerRemoving bugs
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 10:33:08 pm

Hey I know this may be a no brainer to some of you but thought I'd get on here and get everyone's take. One of my new employers is bringing me in to do a little work on video game trailers. He is needing me to reconstruct some of the lower thirds and take out some of the bugs in the footage. From my understanding the bugs are in the footage where as I've always worked on projects where the company gives you clean footage. What is the best and most efficient way to remove bugs? This is professional and authorized even though I'm not making it sound it. The provider of the footage messed up. Is there a good way of masking this and is After Effects even the best solution?

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Removing bugs
by on Oct 9, 2009 at 2:39:33 pm

You mean there are insects in the footage? Where are they? On the lens? Flying around? Crawling on the floor?
You could use any of the cloning tools or CC Simple Wire Removal. This isn't necessarily easy, though.

Return to posts index

Will CavanaghRe: Removing bugs
by on Oct 10, 2009 at 10:17:52 pm

Assuming your speaking of a logo bug, it will be a tough one...

Have you thought about putting your own bug or graphic on and just having it cover the existing bugs? This is what they do on a lot of news aggregation shows -- they just throw something like "The Daily Show" on a third and put it over the station graphics (3rds, tickers, live bugs, etc.) It's not always the prettiest since the graphics tend to have to be mostly opaque, but it's a lot quicker than trying to clone+blur them out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved