ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Pixel Size Properties

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom SlatteryPixel Size Properties
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 4:59:55 pm

When I select and object (in this case a shape layer), the info panel displays color and position properties, while the transform shows scale, positions, etc. Is there anywhere where I can see the object's actual pixel size?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Pixel Size Properties
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 6:45:19 pm

When I use Shape Layers, it's for really crude stuff. I like to use 'em for tricky track mattes. Although I haven't looked, I would expect that a shape layer has an anchor point... and anchor points default to the horizontal center and vertical center of the layer.

So to find out the dimensions of your shape layer, multiply Anchor Point values by 2.

There's gotta be a more sophisticated way to do it.....

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Pixel Size Properties
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 10:27:20 pm

hit 's' that brings up scale, then right click scale, units-pixels.

Return to posts index

Tom SlatteryRe: Pixel Size Properties
by on Oct 9, 2009 at 2:23:20 am

Return to posts index

DR GreenlawRe: Pixel Size Properties
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 5:41:38 pm
Last Edited By DR Greenlaw on Mar 31, 2015 at 6:04:14 pm

I know this is an old thread but my question is somewhat related. I know I can get the scaled pixel dimensions of a layer by right-clicking on Transform Scale but is it possible to grab that data using Extendscript?

I think I can figure out the math for getting the pixel dimensions based on the data I can grab about the source image and the comp, but I was wondering if there was a direct way to grab the info from the AE UI within a script since the data is already there.

Thanks for any helpful info. (Please bear in mind that I'm still a beginner at scripting for AE.) :)

Edit: Yay! I figured out the math and code I needed. I'm sure what I've done is pretty simple for an intermediate scripter but, as I said, I'm a beginner at this. Anyway, I'm still wondering if there is a direct way to grab the info from the UI as described above Thanks!

Artist/Parter | Little Green Dog -
Senior Digital Artist | Rhythm & Hues Studio - http://www.rhythm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved