ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS3 Take Snapshot question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dance badlyCS3 Take Snapshot question
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 2:30:27 pm

Let me preface this by saying that I've just started using AEcs3...I love it. But I'm perplexed by one thing: I would like to use images for a graphic novel - and I'm assuming that the "Take a snapshot" button in the composition window is for that purpose.
But for the life of me, I can't tell where it saves the image or how I can designate where I would like it saved.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: CS3 Take Snapshot question
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 2:44:51 pm

Snapshots are not screen shots. They have another purpose.

When you want to compare one view to another in a Composition, Layer, or Footage panel, take a snapshot. For example, you may want to compare two frames at different times in a movie.

Snapshots taken in one kind of panel can be displayed in another kind. For example, you can take a snapshot of a Layer panel and display the snapshot in a Composition or Footage panel. Displaying a snapshot does not replace the content of the panel. If the snapshot has a different size or aspect ratio than the panel in which you display it, the snapshot is resized to fit the current view.

Snapshots are for reference only and do not become part of the layer, composition, or rendered movie.

A sound is generated when you take a snapshot.

Return to posts index

dance badlyRe: CS3 Take Snapshot question
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 2:57:49 pm

Thanks for the quick response Brian! Understood. Is there some sort of "save as jpeg/png etc" if I want to save stills?

Ron

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: CS3 Take Snapshot question
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 3:11:17 pm

[dance badly] "Is there some sort of "save as jpeg/png etc" if I want to save stills? "

yep, composition>save frame as>file.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: CS3 Take Snapshot question
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 3:15:37 pm

note that you may want to set the render setting to 'best' (the default for save frame is 'current settings'). just clikc the little drop down arrow next to render settings and choose 'best'.

to set the file type as jpg, click the output module (defualt is psd) and choose jpeg sequence from the format drop down at the top.

then just set the save path/file name by clicking 'save to'.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS3 Take Snapshot question
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 3:15:00 pm

Wow. Brian and I have identical writing styles. ;-)

Citations are appreciated.
http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/8.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c110...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

dance badlyRe: CS3 Take Snapshot question
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 3:21:23 pm

Gentlemen,

You rock! Thanks for the very quick, very helpful responses!

Regards,

Ron

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: CS3 Take Snapshot question
by on Oct 9, 2009 at 1:36:54 pm

Todd your are a great writer. Sorry for not citing you. It was pretty easy to copy/paste from the docs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]