ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particles contained and then released

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiago CasaisParticles contained and then released
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 11:02:42 am

Hello everyone,

Im trying to achieve the following effect:

-Particles are contained in a rectangular shape and bouncing inside, and then, at some point in time, they all suddenly flow out of the container.

I did it with "Particle Playground" and the effect was quite what i wanted except that its all happening in 2d. Is there a way to achieve this in 3d world within ae ? Can "Particular" do it ?

thank you,

Tiago Casais

Return to posts index

Jeremy FabianoRe: Particles contained and then released
by on Oct 21, 2009 at 4:29:50 pm

How did you constrain them in 2d? I don't see why it wouldn't work with Particular.. to my knowledge, its just the regular AE particle engine on crack.. (of course I'm not entirely positive) but it would seem to me that the same technique might work in Particular, have you tried it yet?

-Jeremy

-------------------------------------------------
If you didn't supply enough information I will start making assumptions. I'm usually wrong when I assume.

Return to posts index

Tiago CasaisRe: Particles contained and then released
by on Oct 22, 2009 at 9:44:12 am

Hello Jeremy,

With the PPlaygroung, you can define a 2d mask over the solid that is being used for the effect and then, in the PPlayground menu, go to "wall" and set it with the mask you created. That mask will be the boundary for the particles to bounce, but it works only on 2d basis.
With Particular you can set a "floor" and a "wall" for the bouncing effect but not an entire closed 3d compartment, at least to my knowledge.

Tiago

Return to posts index

Jeremy FabianoRe: Particles contained and then released
by on Oct 23, 2009 at 5:16:39 am

Yeah this goes above and beyond my memory banks :(

Although.. depending on the particle look youre after you might be able to fake it..

could take several instances of the effect youre using, rotate the solids on x, z, and y and try to make a sphere shape then precomp the whole thing and rasterize + add a camera (i think?)

it wont be ful 3d but it might be just good enough to work ...

Good luck, hope you find a workable solution!

-Jeremy

If you didn't supply enough information I will start making assumptions. I'm usually wrong when I assume.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]