ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Green screen appears when creating new comp in AfterEffects.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alana Rees
Green screen appears when creating new comp in AfterEffects.
on Oct 7, 2009 at 12:28:25 am

Hi,

I am using AfterEffects CS4 and recently discovered whenever I create a new comp the comp screen appears as green (similar to a green screen). When I toggle the Transparency Grid on/off the screen disappears; however, when I render the comp the green screen shows in my render. Does anyone know what is causing this? Is this a Preferences setting, etc.? If so, how can I turn it off?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: Green screen appears when creating new comp in AfterEffects.
on Oct 7, 2009 at 1:42:33 am

Hi Alana,

This sounds like your background colour is set to green. You can change it by going to Composition, Background color and choosing a new colour.

You can also prevent the background colour from being rendered by choosing a codec that renders alpha as well as rgb (lossless avi, QT animation). This is only useful is you plan to composite your render over some other layers. Otherwise you might as well change the bg colour to whatever you want it to be, or add a new solid to the bottom of your layer stack.

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysfx

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Oct 7, 2009 at 11:59:48 am

Adding to Simon's reply ...

... you look up into the sky, you see blue, but really, there's nothing there. AE's "background" is the same. You see green, but really, there's nothing there ...

... sort of. If you render your movie with an alpha channel as Simon suggests, the color will disappear when the movie is viewed in an app that can view transparency (not QT Viewer). However, if you render without an alpha channel, the background color will appear.

For "alpha channel", look in the AE help.

Return to posts index

Alana Rees
on Oct 7, 2009 at 6:06:56 pm

Thanks to you both!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]