ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

mosaic effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Brookesmosaic effect
by on Oct 6, 2009 at 10:22:23 am

Hello, I was wondering how this type of logo reveal was done:

I am wondering what the best way to make the images converge to make up the logo - is this with the help of a mosaic program perhaps?

Many thanks

Mike Brookes

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: mosaic effect
by on Oct 6, 2009 at 12:43:35 pm

Rich Young has a good overview of the techniques that go into this sort of mosaic animation:

I found this with this After Effects Community Help search for 'mosaic'.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Michael BrookesRe: mosaic effect
by on Oct 6, 2009 at 6:45:31 pm

I am very stuck now and really need some help!!

I have got a very hi-res mosaic image so I can see the tiles up close when I have imported into AE (for use with Card Dance as per tutorial). In order for AE to see them at this resolution, I have to make my comp size really large too (10800x6074). I can't get AE to render at this size, and I want my final size to be 1920x1080.

Can someone help with me as to a solution how to show this massive file at the detail I want whilst in a resonable sized AE comp? I would have thouught the PSD resolution and AE comp resolution could be independent - but this does not seem to be the case.
Thanks sooo much in advance!!!

Return to posts index

Michael BrookesRe: mosaic effect
by on Oct 7, 2009 at 11:43:38 am

sorry - please ignore this. i was being dumb and have worked out what I was doing wrong.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved