ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS$ RED Plug-in in WinXP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thad Ciechanowski
CS$ RED Plug-in in WinXP
on Oct 5, 2009 at 1:07:11 pm

Just wondering if the plug-in will work in WinXP 32bit? Under system requirements it seems to say that 64bit Vista is "highly recommended". Does that mean it will work in WinXP? My plan is to use Color Finesse inside of CS4 to correct a finished RED edit.

I don't want to purchase an upgrade to CS4 unless this will work. Also, do you have full control of the RAW data or does it ust read the files and transcode to something else?

Thanks,

Thad

HPxw600
NVidia FX3700
4GB RAM
AECS3

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: CS$ RED Plug-in in WinXP
on Oct 5, 2009 at 3:48:13 pm

> Just wondering if the plug-in will work in WinXP 32bit? Under system requirements it seems to say that 64bit Vista is "highly recommended". Does that mean it will work in WinXP? My plan is to use Color Finesse inside of CS4 to correct a finished RED edit.

I have the REDCODE importer plug-in working with After Effects CS4 (9.0.2) on a computer here, but I haven't done any extensive work with it. (My primary computer runs 64-bit OSes.)

Keep in mind that After Effects can't use as much RAM on a 32-bit OS as it can on a 64-bit OS. Working at high color bit depths with the big frames from the RED is not something that I'd want to do on a 32-bit operating system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Thad Ciechanowski
on Oct 5, 2009 at 4:04:51 pm

Thanks Todd,

I just don't want to put any money into Vista at this point since Windows 7 is coming out. I do have Leopard on my MacBook Pro, but I'd need another license for AE and there's nowhere near the horsepower of my PC, plus it's a laptop and I don't want to CC on it.

I'm going to consider trying it anyway with XP32Bit, if I do I'll post here as to the difficulty of it.

Thanks again,

Thad

http://www.dijitmedia.com

Return to posts index

Tony Silva
on Oct 8, 2009 at 12:08:39 am

I ran the first version of the plugin in 32 bit, so yeah it should work. I've since moved onto 64bit Vista though.

I know in premiere with the new version you have access to the metadata, but I don't remember with AE.
ok, I just checked and yes, AE has access to the metadata also.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]