ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

New Folder for each PNG Sequence in the Render Queue...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad MontesiNew Folder for each PNG Sequence in the Render Queue...
by on Oct 5, 2009 at 5:51:04 am

So I have been looking for an answer to this question for about three months now. I really have dug deep and thought this would be an easy answer question. Maybe it is and I am overthinking it at this point...

...what I am trying to do is have each of the PNG sequences I export out of AE be exported to their own folder that AE creates upon exporting each sequence, and then having the program name it accordingly.

I know what you're thinking: "Why not just make the folders before hand and have link each of them in the render queue to the appropriate folder?" Frankly because I am tired of doing that. On each of my projects I have somewhere between 5-200 PNG sequences (of hundreds to thousands of images each)to render out and this is getting tedious.

If it's in the manual, I'm ok looking like an idiot. I have read through so much literature on this I could have read right over it by now and never known the difference.

Thank you so much for replying (assuming if you've read this far you're at least thinking of a way). I run AE CS4 MAC and am open to AppleScripting this with the new Snow Leopard folder options if you have a solution that way.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: New Folder for each PNG Sequence in the Render Queue...
by on Oct 5, 2009 at 6:59:33 am

Check out Consolidate_Sequence_Renders.jsx here:

"Creates individual folders for each file sequence render item (and output module) in the queue. If you have 10 file sequences to render, for example, you can set them all to render to a single folder, then run this script; it will create separate folders for each file sequence and set the output modules automatically..."

I found this with this After Effects Community Help search.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved