ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Help with 3D Layer Axes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Finn Smith
Help with 3D Layer Axes
on Oct 4, 2009 at 4:11:14 pm

Can someone please help me. I am going through a tutorial using a preset called Sure Target from Video Copilot and I am having trouble with 3D layer axes. I've created three layers of text, one 35mm camera, and a null object. I parented the camera to the null object and applied the preset to the null object. The problem I am having is that the axes are appearing at the front of the text instead of at the middle.

I've recently bought and upgraded to CS4 and this is my first time using it... never ran into this issue with CS3 and unfortunately this problem is pretty much ruining this project. I've included two images, the first is what I am talking about and the second is where I would like the x, y, z axis controls to be... in the center of the layer.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

http://img242.imageshack.us/i/mycs4.jpg/

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/wantcs4.jpg/

Return to posts index

Finn Smith
Re: Help with 3D Layer Axes
on Oct 5, 2009 at 2:32:58 pm

Just an update. I've remembered how to move the anchor point with the Pan Behind tool, what I am looking for is how to change the default anchor point to the middle of the text layer.

Return to posts index

Finn Smith
on Oct 5, 2009 at 2:38:44 pm

I've figured out a temporary solution. So I am sorry for wasting anyone's time.

In the paragraph palette, switching to justify center puts the anchor points directly in the center of the layer.

Return to posts index

Joe Mole
on Oct 6, 2009 at 4:20:46 am

mmh try the shortcut "Y" and then move the anchor point. I think that should do it....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]