ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Can Anyone help me figure this out?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dionne KnappCan Anyone help me figure this out?
by on Oct 4, 2009 at 2:53:04 pm

I have an HP and a Sony Viao. The Viao is in the shop so I I reinstalled CS3 onto the HP.
Here's my problem , the programs that require for RAM (1GB) to run (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition) shut down my computer when I try to open them! Then it reboots with a "critical error" message. BUt the less demanding Programs like Photoshop run great.

Now, my HP only had 512MB RAM so I figured that was the problem. This confused me, though because my Viao had the same RAM and all of CS3 ran beautifully on it.

So, I went and added 3 Gigs. Got back home, tried to run After Effects, and SAME Problem! Whats going on? My friend says maybe there is some conflict with the graphics card or something. I have a decent Graphics card so I don't know. This never happened on my Viao. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

Here are my specs:

HP Media Center a1412n
Intel Pentium D
2.80 GHZ 3.50GB of RAM

I have 200GB HD PLUS an external Terabyte HD.

Graphics: NVidia GE Force 6200SE

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Can Anyone help me figure this out?
by on Oct 5, 2009 at 6:18:58 am

my guess is your going to have to play with the preference settings memory in AE. I am not familiar with PC's but trying to run any operating system AND an application at the same time with only 3 gigs of ram is pushing it. 4 minimum. 6 preferred and 8 is best (but really expensive) if you have a lot of free space on your hard disk, photoshop will utilize virtual memory to run with little ram. Its done that for yrs.
Keep your hard disk as free and optimized as possible as well.

Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved