ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS4 RAM Preview & Image Cache

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul ConigliaroCS4 RAM Preview & Image Cache
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 5:15:40 pm

I'm running into the following problem:

When RAM previewing in CS4, for the most part, it's fine, until I want to do another preview. Here's an example:

I ram preview, AE fills up the cache and plays back. If I adjust the work area, AE will only play back what is already in the cache, but still in the work area. It won't release frames outside of the work area (still green). And if I adjust the work area to be entirely outside the green bar, I get the "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to play back" error. I have to purge the image cache just to get it to work properly.

Why won't AE CS4 release images from the image cache to properly utilize RAM preview? I've never had this problem on CS3.

Adobe CS3, Apple FCS2
[Disclaimer: Sometimes I am an idiot and misinterpret people's posts. I'm sorry.]

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS4 RAM Preview & Image Cache
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 6:39:25 pm

Do you have From Current Time selected in the Preview panel? Sometimes that setting causes confusing behavior, such as when you have the work area set to not include the span that include the current time. Just a thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Paul ConigliaroRe: CS4 RAM Preview & Image Cache
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 6:57:57 pm

Nope. From Current Time is unchecked.

Adobe CS3, Apple FCS2
[Disclaimer: Sometimes I am an idiot and misinterpret people's posts. I'm sorry.]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]