ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

HELP!!! After effects wont let me chage frame rate to 23.976

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris ortmannHELP!!! After effects wont let me chage frame rate to 23.976
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 4:32:10 pm

Hi there,

im starting to get desperate.
I am trying to convert my PAL footage with Magic Bullet frames plus into 24p. I have spend all day reading about that and have seen the tutorial. In which they change the frame rate of the 25 frame/s
to 23.976! Ok i got it. But when i try it, after effects changes the value to 99!!?? Either the frame rate of my clip nor of my comp is changeable! It leaves me change only to 24. If i add anything after the , it sets the value to 99! As well i havent found any post from someone with the same problem. Am i the only one?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: HELP!!! After effects wont let me chage frame rate to 23.976
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 4:57:30 pm

Since you're new around here, you probably haven't gotten the memo yet:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Todd KoprivaRe: HELP!!! After effects wont let me chage frame rate to 23.976
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 6:36:03 pm

> If i add anything after the , it sets the value to 99

Was that a typo, or did you mean ',' (a comma)?

Try using a '.' as your decimal point.

If you really entered '23,976', then you would have been telling After Effects to use a frame rate just short of 24 thousand, so it would fall back to using its maximum, which is 99.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

chris ortmannRe: HELP!!! After effects wont let me chage frame rate to 23.976
by on Oct 3, 2009 at 8:52:37 am

Now this is embarrising!! :(
i actually was using the "." on the number pad but instead it worked with a ",". In the tutorial they used a "." but i didnt even think about trying. Anyway thanks a lot for answering that fast and sorry for such a silly question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]