ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mesh Warp: How to control over time.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabio de la RochaMesh Warp: How to control over time.
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 11:10:46 am

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with the Mesh Warp tool. I've set up my mesh and want to animate it from unwarped to warped. From what I gather, I ought be able to do this by keyframing the Distortion Mesh property, however Distortion Mesh has no properties - when I twirl it down it's blank. I can place a keyframe on the timeline by clicking the stopwatch, but there's no slider or numerical box to enter a property.

Any idea what's up with it?

Thanks!

Fab

Dell Precision T3400/Core2duo 2.66GHz/4GB/Nvidia Quadro FX 1700 Running Avid Media Composer 3.0/CS3/C4d

17" HiRes unibody MacBook Pro 2.66/4GB running CS3/FCS2

Return to posts index

Chris BrearleyRe: Mesh Warp: How to control over time.
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 1:43:17 pm

Set a keyframe for the distortion mesh at the frame where you want your animation to start. Leave the mesh unaltered so that the image looks normal. Then move to the point in time where you want your animation to finish and then distort the mesh to what ever you want, a keyframe will be automatically created.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Mesh Warp: How to control over time.
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 3:18:15 pm

[Fabio de la Rocha] "I can place a keyframe on the timeline by clicking the stopwatch, but there's no slider or numerical box to enter a property.... Any idea what's up with it? "

There are a few effects like that in AE, and they contain a group of values that contribute to an overall look. Open up the Levels Effect: you will find only one keyframable property for the Waveform, or whatever it's called in the effect. Yet you can animate only the Gamma property if you wish simply by making that waveform keyframe, and adjusting only the gamma property over time.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]