ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Sorenson codecs don't show up in Library

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick AgSorenson codecs don't show up in Library
by on Oct 1, 2009 at 2:03:41 am

Does anyone knows why the sorenson quicktime codecs don't show up in the codecs library on the new CS4 (after effects, Premiere Pro, PS CS4) for some reason I have them in older versions CS2 and CS3 but not in the CS4 (none of them have them) and of course I installed the full the CS4 Production Premium directly from the original package with all the options, I have tried 3 times and nothing
Does anyone knows any prooved way to add this codecs to the CS4 codecs libary, you know it has a very good quality video codec in a small size compression

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Sorenson codecs don't show up in Library
by on Oct 1, 2009 at 5:36:10 am

I think that what you might be seeing is a QuickTime issue, not an Adobe software issue. Apple decided that certain codecs were "legacy" codecs and so you have to go and enable them in QuickTime. They don't appear by default. It's Show Legacy Codecs (or something like that) in the Advanced tab in the QuickTime preferences.

It's a little different on Windows, since the QuickTime preferences are set up differently, but the idea is the same.

(I'm typing this on my phone, so I can't check the exact wording or steps.)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Rick AgRe: Sorenson codecs don't show up in Library
by on Oct 4, 2009 at 1:28:08 am

Thanks for your Help Todd, yes another user in Apple told me the same, thanks for the valuable info,
I didn't mean to blame adobe for that, I do apologize If I sound like that
This is very interesting so if apple declared Sorenson obsolete, so which could be the best video codec with approximately the same size rate of space in files than sorenson 3 ? , sorenson 3 was not bad and a small difference in quality than Photo Jpeg or Jpeg2000 codecs but a big difference in size ratio, by the way I have tried the quicktime H.264 in the best posible quality but it's terribly poor

So which could be a better codec than sorenson 3 but with approx. the same size ratio in files ?

Thanks a looooooottttt for your Help !!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved