ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Paste Keyframes Starting at Layer's In Point?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Horne
Paste Keyframes Starting at Layer's In Point?
on Sep 30, 2009 at 11:30:22 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm sitting here doing a lot of something that I often have to do - which is pasting a set number of keyframes on a number of layers. In this case, an opacity drop, starting at 100 at the layer's in point, and going down to 0 after 20 frames.

The problem is, there's 80 layers in the comp, with the in points staggered all over the place. And of course, when you copy a set of keyframes, it always puts the first keyframe wherever the playhead is. So I have to select each layer, hit "I" to move the playhead to the layer's in point, and then paste the keyframes.

What I'm wondering is, is there a way to paste keyframes so that the first keyframe is set at the layer's in point, regardless of where the playhead is? If so, I could just select all the layers, hit CMD+V, and be done... which would be amazing... any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Heid
Re: Paste Keyframes Starting at Layer's In Point?
on Oct 1, 2009 at 11:41:08 am

There is a preset effect called fade in and out frames which might prove helpful for this issue. It does a fade up and out based on frames you specify and the in and out of the layer regardless of where it is on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Thomas Horne
Re: Paste Keyframes Starting at Layer's In Point?
on Oct 11, 2009 at 9:06:24 am

Yeah, looks like this does help with that one issue - thanks for the post!

It still would be amazing if there was, say, a shortcut where pasting keyframes would automatically put the first keyframe (of whatever it was) at the layer's in point, rather than the playhead...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]