ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

flv to mov conversion settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kristin genoveseflv to mov conversion settings
by on Sep 30, 2009 at 10:10:16 pm

I think I know the answer to this after doing a search, but just wanted to double check in case I'm missing something. I've got some FLVs from an interactive training DVD that a client wants to use within a longer piece. AE doesn't like them, so I'm using Adobe Media Encoder to convert them to quicktimes. They basically look like crap. Output, by the way, is widescreen DV. I'm using the Animation codec and best settings... I'm guessing because the FLVs were so compressed to begin with that unless I have the original video files there's not too much I can do to make them look any better?

thanks much!

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: flv to mov conversion settings
by on Oct 4, 2009 at 1:25:52 am

You are correct ...

Compressing any media file (to FLV or anything other than a lossles codec) involves discarding some of the data (with video files, the image). So, converting/recompressing that data to another format cannot regain the discarded data/image. At best, you can use controls in editing or compression software to slightly improve specific issues like gamma/brightness, but the only way to get better quality is from the original files (or less compressed files).

Return to posts index

Bob JasonRe: flv to mov conversion settings
by on Oct 20, 2009 at 6:41:56 pm

Flash To Video Encoder - use and enjoy ^_^

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved