ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can't hear sound track in the time line to sync w/the puppet tool

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Jordan
Can't hear sound track in the time line to sync w/the puppet tool
on Sep 30, 2009 at 1:39:58 am

Imported a .dng photo file into AE CS4.

Recorded some VO in Soundtrack Pro and exported it as .mov then imported it into CS4.

If I dbl. click the .mov sound track in CS4 a little sound track window appears and the VO plays fine.

If I drag the .mov sound track file down to the time line under the .dng photo it does not play.

What I want to do is use the puppet tool to move the dogs mouth to the VO sound track but unless I can hear the sound track I can't do that.

What am I doing wrong?

See link for screen capture.
http://www.alphaomegadesign.com/wookie-sound-settings.jpg

thx

Dual Core, 3GHz, OS 10.5.7, 16GB Ram, 2 TB internal HD, ATI Radeon X1900 Graphics Card, 4TB External Raid, FCP 6.0.5, Sound Track Pro, AE 9.0.2, Squeeze for the Web, MacBook Pro (MBP) 2.6 GHz, Dual Core, 10.5.7, Panasonic HPX300 Camera.
Owner of Full Graphics Design Firm Houston, Tx 19 yrs.
Mac user since 1988.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Can't hear sound track in the time line to sync w/the puppet tool
on Sep 30, 2009 at 2:28:57 am

> If I drag the .mov sound track file down to the time line under the .dng photo it does not play.

What are you doing to try to make it play? If you're hitting the spacebar, you need to know that that only plays video. See "Preview video and audio" for instructions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 30, 2009 at 4:36:35 pm

[Martin Jordan] "Recorded some VO in Soundtrack Pro and exported it as .mov then imported it into CS4. "

In addition to Todd's recommendations, there are two other things to know:
DO NOT compress the audio: a quicktime movie can indeed contain a compressed audio track. Just export a big ol' aiff file from STP.
If you don't have the FREE upgrade to AE 9.0.2, get it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Martin Jordan
on Oct 2, 2009 at 12:38:26 pm

Thanks fellas. I'll look into your advice. Still new @ AE and learning.

And yes I do have the 9.0.2 upgrade.

Dual Core, 3GHz, OS 10.5.7, 16GB Ram, 2 TB internal HD, ATI Radeon X1900 Graphics Card, 4TB External Raid, FCP 6.0.5, Sound Track Pro, AE 9.0.2, Squeeze for the Web, MacBook Pro (MBP) 2.6 GHz, Dual Core, 10.5.7, Panasonic HPX300 Camera.
Owner of Full Graphics Design Firm Houston, Tx 19 yrs.
Mac user since 1988.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]