ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

puppet tool un-distort

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig hellen
puppet tool un-distort
on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:48:04 pm

Hi everyone,
I have used the puppet tool to distort an image to overlay (and copy) an image on some paper in some footage, the puppet effect worked pretty well and its all matched up,

The next part i want to do is to being the overlay full screen and "un-distort" it back to its original shape.

Basically is there a way of keyframing the puppet tool back to its un-distorted state, or do i have to go back and re-do the process starting from the end of the clip and work backwards?

Many many thanks in advance

Craig

Co-Director Podchains Ltd
Video Producer / Motion graphics designer http://bexmedia.net

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: puppet tool un-distort
on Sep 29, 2009 at 7:37:24 pm

You ought to be able to paste in the keyframes at from the footage's original positions at the beginning of the animation.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:18:41 pm

Have you tried selecting the keyframes from the beginning, copy and paste them at the end, then select just the end keyframes, right click on them, Keyframe Assistant > Time-reverse Keyframes.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 30, 2009 at 3:28:34 am

Perhaps this excerpt from After Effects Help will help:

"To reset Deform pins to their original locations at the current time, click Reset for the Puppet effect in the Timeline panel or Effect Controls panel.... Sometimes, you want to animate an image from an initial position, through an intermediate position, and back to the initial position. Rather than manually dragging the pins back to their initial positions at the end of the animation, place the current-time indicator at the end time and click Reset. Only the keyframes at the current time are reset."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

craig hellen
on Sep 30, 2009 at 9:11:07 am

Aww thats great, ill go and rate that, many thanks, though i do feel a little stupid for not noticing the reset button! :-P

Many thanks,

Craig

Co-Director Podchains Ltd
Video Producer / Motion graphics designer http://bexmedia.net

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 9, 2013 at 8:58:14 am

I'm sure I've use this before but right now the reset does nothing but bring up the info box (and that's really annoying if you have the effects tab in the same panel as the info tab)
But the bigger issue is the reset is not working for me.
Have tried in 5.5 and 6.0 as well. (Win7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]