ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pics to form logo or subject

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate tull
Pics to form logo or subject
on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:30:33 pm

I have a client that wants the effect where individual pictures come flying from behind the camera and get small off in Z space to form a logo or a larger picture. I've seen quite a few commercials do this. Any help would be great on how to achieve this or point me in the direction of a good tutorial about this. I have particular and thought I could do it with it somehow but haven't quite got the look Im needing. Thanks in advance

N8Pro1

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Pics to form logo or subject
on Sep 29, 2009 at 7:57:10 pm

You'll want to look at building a photomosaic: google the software that can help.

You'll also want to get a look at AE's Card Dance effect.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

daytona swarbrick
on Sep 29, 2009 at 8:11:50 pm

There is a great tut on ae.tuts.com
check that one out.

Return to posts index

Nate tull
on Sep 30, 2009 at 1:52:45 pm

do you remember the name of the tut? there are a couple about photo montague w particular but is there one more closely to what Im wanting to acheive that you know of?

N8Pro1

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Sep 30, 2009 at 6:31:44 pm

there are several tutorials at this site that do similar effects (although i don't think any of them do it with particular):
http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e.html

it would be fairly easy to do this in particular though, you'l just work in reverse (blow particles out of the logo, then time reverse the effect)

first you would create a comp with just the pics. each pic would be just one frame and they would need to be sequenced out. also, don't make this comp too large, particular doesn't work as well with large particles... i'd go with sd frame sizes or smaller.

then you bring the particle comp into a new standard sized comp along with the logo, add a solid and add particular. set the logo layer to be 3d, then in the particular settings, set the emitter type to layer then set the layer to the your logo layer and set the direction to directional.

the particles will now be flying out of the logo shape. you can adjust the particles/sec, velocity and directional spread to start seeing how it will work. ultimately you'll need to keyframe the particles/sec so they emit as a burst, so when you reverse it, it will look like they all come together to form the logo.

to set the particle to be your pics, goto the particle settings and chose particle type 'custom' then choose your particle comp in the custom settings. you can play around with the time sampling, but i think you'll want random still.

once that's done your pics should be flying out of the logo, you can set the particle settings as needed, they are pretty self explanatory. then you'll take that comp into a new comp and choose layer>time>time reverse to get the pics to come together to form the logo. you'll also need to do a quick transition form the pic-formed-logo to the actual logo, but that's the basics.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Nate tull
on Sep 30, 2009 at 11:50:27 pm

thanks kevin. sorry you typed all that out cuz I figured it out with alittle more reading and experimenting. Thanks again though.

N8Pro1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]