ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Page turns for a book

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rikki ManielPage turns for a book
by on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:12:45 pm

Hi there,
I've got a cheap client who doesn't want the spend the money to do this in 3D.

I've got pdf's of a pages of a book and the client wants to see a spread, and then see the page turn to the next spread along the spine of the book. Anyone know an easy way to do this? I've tried messing around with the Page Turn effect and the anchor point, but it's not working. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Page turns for a book
by on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:21:19 pm

AE's Page Turn effect isn't designed to turn pages exactly like you'd see in a book.

There are some tutorials -- well, at least one -- that may come close to doing what you want. Once you get to the AE Tutorials section of the COW, use the browser's search function to look for the term page turn or book... and something ought to crop up.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Page turns for a book
by on Sep 30, 2009 at 2:29:45 pm

There is only one way to do this on the cheap and it's a tremendous amount of work that you are not going to get paid for so consider it a good learning experience and practice.
The pages are precomposed as 3D comps with page 1 on the top, page 2 on the bottom (one pixel apart in z), then you stack these precomps and rotate the precomps on their y axes in the main book comp.
You will not be able to distort or curl the pages in 3D space without going to another level of difficulty or, of course, purchasing a 3D plug like Zaxwerks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved