ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS4 Doesn't Always Save

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul ConigliaroAE CS4 Doesn't Always Save
by on Sep 29, 2009 at 1:59:04 pm

So I've had this issue on three different Macs (one 10.4 & two 10.5 machines) now. Occasionally, After Effects CS4 will not save the project file despite being explicitly told to do so. This frequently happens when quitting the app and responding to the resulting dialog asking to save the project.

I realize the simple solution is to always make sure to manually save before quitting, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?

Adobe CS3, Apple FCS2
[Disclaimer: Sometimes I am an idiot and misinterpret people's posts. I'm sorry.]

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS4 Doesn't Always Save
by on Sep 29, 2009 at 3:23:33 pm

Update to After Effects CS4 (9.0.2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Andy SappRe: AE CS4 Doesn't Always Save
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 9:58:53 pm

I have had this same problem quite often - and am now having it again.

I save the file... it looks like it processes the save, but I can specifically see the red dot in the corner of my timeline still have a black dot inside it - meaning that the project is not saved.

I try to 'Save As' a new file so as not to lose my changes, but it will not let me save the file.

I am losing hours of work thinking my project is saving every time I tell it to.

No clue why or what to do.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS4 Doesn't Always Save
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:04:59 pm

Andy,

Did you try the solution that I gave (i.e., updating)? We fixed this bug a year and a half ago. If you have installed the most recent update and still have this problem, let me know.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Andy SappRe: AE CS4 Doesn't Always Save
by on Nov 25, 2010 at 3:05:25 am

No, and I'm actually using CS3.

Even if I tried saving a copy, saving as, or increment and save... it would only save out a 2.9mb file when my project file is 9.8mb. I tried saving it to another drive, another location... all attempts would yield the same 2.9mb file.

I gave up on trying to figure it out, because in the time I spent trying to save what I had lost - I could have just redone the work... which is what I ultimately did.

After I force-quit the application, I tried opening one of the 2.9mb files just for kicks. I got a 33:4 error that the file was missing data (as I could deduce from the file-size alone).

This has happened to me in the past and I just force-quit and rebooted the machine to solve the problem. I have a deadline fast approaching and I can't afford to be losing work like this. Especially when the program acts as is my save went through each time... leaving me with a false sense of security.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]