ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud


COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig c smith
on Sep 27, 2009 at 11:38:02 pm

Is there a plugin for after effects that can give you similar capabilties and water effects like Realflow? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

scott novasic
Re: RealFlow
on Sep 28, 2009 at 3:55:14 am

NO. however, there was a 2d version called 'fill' i believe.

Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: RealFlow
on Sep 28, 2009 at 6:46:38 pm

Never heard of realflow but Waveworld in combination with Caustics is fabulous, simply marvelous.


Return to posts index

Rob Aiello
Re: RealFlow
on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:15:07 pm

Unfortunately, there is nothing as powerful for creating liquid effects as Real Flow for After Effects. Arguably the best particle plug-in is Trapcode Particular, but I've only had success using it for certain kinds of liquid simulations (faucet/hose streams, aerosol-type sprays etc.). There is a new plug-in that I haven't had a lot of time to experiment with called Turbulence 2D from a company called Jawset that looks promising, might be worth a look.

Return to posts index

Jody Cochran
Re: RealFlow
on Oct 1, 2009 at 1:59:17 am

It really depends on the type of fluid effect you are going for. I love realflow but often times for AE it is easier to look for footage that can match what you are creating, or Psunami from RedGiant.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved