ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Graph Editor bezier handles!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan ButterworthGraph Editor bezier handles!
by on Sep 25, 2009 at 8:05:03 pm

I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but I can't get my curve handles in the graph editor to show up. They show up for the z rotation keyframes of my camera but not my point of interest or position. Thanks for any help...

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Graph Editor bezier handles!
by on Sep 26, 2009 at 8:16:01 pm

There are two things that might help you to think about:

The Rotation properties are each single-dimension properties, unlike Position properties, which are multi-dimensional properties. If you want to split the dimensions of Position apart to work with each the same as you would with a single-dimensional property, use the Separate Dimensions command. This will, for example, allow you to use Bezier direction handles on Position properties in the Graph Editor.

Also, there's a difference between the value graph and the speed graph, and the Graph Editor defaults to a different view for spatial properties versus temporal properties.

So, first make sure that you're viewing the right graph (value graph or speed graph). And then make sure that you're distinguishing between single-dimensional and multi-dimensional properties and understanding how they work differently.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved