ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Why AE renders faster in starting !

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy JosephWhy AE renders faster in starting !
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 6:59:29 pm

Hi, can anyone explain why after effects renders so fast in the begining of the project & then tend to go slow & even slower as it moves towards the end. Im my latest project it rendered the first half in 23 minutes & second half in 1:30 minutes. And i must tell you that all the plugins were uniformily applied throughout the project.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Why AE renders faster in starting !
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 7:28:59 pm

[Andy Joseph] "...can anyone explain why after effects renders so fast in the begining of the project & then tend to go slow & even slower as it moves towards the end..."

Not without a whole bunch more information, we can't! We know NOTHING about your project aside from the fact that it took and hour and 53 minutes to render... and that ain't enough for anybody to do any kind of proper diagnosis.

Okay, it's not enough for me. Perhaps the more clairvoyant among us can give you an answer. Who knows? Perhaps the Amazing Kreskin himself will join the thread.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Why AE renders faster in starting !
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 7:32:21 pm

you might try disabling the disk cache.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Andy JosephRe: Why AE renders faster in starting !
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 8:25:52 pm

Thanks for reply guys, ya i have experienced it for all my projects so far & i'm very sure about this. I'll try kevin's suggestion of disablig disk cache. Any other settings for optimal performance.?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Why AE renders faster in starting !
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 9:57:22 pm

[Andy Joseph] "Any other settings for optimal performance.?"

Well, considering we know nothing about your computer, its processors,how much RAM you have, your hard drive arrangements, any other useful hardware like capture cards, the operating system nor the version of AE you have.... no.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Why AE renders faster in starting !
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 9:58:03 pm

common things that cause performance issues in ae:

1) using any footage that uses a codec that uses interframe compression (or temporal compression), like hdv, mpeg-2, h.264 and many common hd acquisition codecs will slow ae down considerably, and often lead to render issues. convert those codecs to a codec that uses no compression or only intraframe compression (like lossless mov, photo-jpeg mov, apple's prores, avid's dnxhd).

2) have enough ram to use multiprocessing. ae can use up to 4gb of ram per core with 'render multiple frames simultaneously' enabled, 2gb is highly recommended. alternately, you can limit the number of cores that ae uses to achieve a 2gb:1core ratio. you'll also need a 64-bit os to utilize more than 4gb of ram.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]