ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy JosephPre-rendering Adjustment Layer ?
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 3:38:54 pm

Hi,

AE Version : AE CS3

I have placed an adjustment layer with 'Magic bullet effects' like Splotches, vignette & flicker over my footage. Now when i pre-compose adjustment layer & then pre-render it. All effects stop working in that pre-rendered .mov file except some splotches which too work only if i 'multiply' that mov file. I cannot see any flicker or Vignette. Can someone pls tell me how to correctly precompose & pre-render an adjustment layer so that it works over footage even if i don't have 'magic bullet' on other systems.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer ?
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 7:02:21 pm

collapse transformation button maybe...

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Andy JosephRe: Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer ?
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 7:07:35 pm

Can u pls tell me step by step how to do it. I'm really in trouble.

Thnx
Andy

Return to posts index

Andy JosephRe: Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer ?
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 7:35:54 pm

Any experts from creative cow who can tell me how solve this problem ? Moderators please help.

Return to posts index

toby HeslopRe: Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer ?
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 9:45:11 pm

It's a small button on the timeline in the layers switches pane, looks like a pic of a sun or a cog wheel, turn it on for the adjustment layer

Return to posts index

Andy JosephRe: Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer (Still Unresolved)
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 9:51:59 pm

Ya I know about that switch but I dont know on which layer & when to apply that? I mean before precomposing or for pre-render MOV file ?

Also while Pre-compsoing what option shud i choose:

Leave all attributes...
or
Move all Attributes...

Return to posts index

toby HeslopRe: Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer (Still Unresolved)
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:33:37 pm

I don't believe that you can pre render out an adjustment layer and then import that back in as plugins like magic bullet don't exist as MOV files.

You would apply the Collapse tranform to the pre comped layer,

when precomping use the move all attributes, in otherwords this is saying move all FX and keyframes into the precomp layers contained within.

The other option would leave your magic bullet filter applyed to the precomp, not you adjustment layer

Return to posts index

Andy JosephRe: Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer (Still Unresolved)
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:42:09 pm

Is there anyway we can pre-render 'magic bullet fx' the way we pre-render knoll-light or particular layers?

Return to posts index

Tony SilvaRe: Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer (Still Unresolved)
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:57:09 pm

you need to think about how the plugin is being composited. Is the plugin using a layer blending mode? If so then you need to essentially render it out how it would look without any blending/compositing done to it so when you bring your .mov back in then you can composite it to look the same.

I would think for this case rendering out a grayscale .mov with your effect applied, then using a luma matte on a black layer would do the trick.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Pre-rendering Adjustment Layer ?
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 6:18:31 am

I think that you're not understanding how adjustment layers work.

An adjustment layer composites all of the layers beneath it in the composition into one image. Then, it applies the effects on the adjustment layer to that composite image.

So, pre-rendering just an adjustment layer doesn't make any sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]