ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Morph problem in after effects.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pål RønnevikMorph problem in after effects.
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 9:29:54 am

Hi.

I tried Chris Zwars simple morph tutorial. It seems simple, but not for me obviously.

My problem is that the whole picture gets affected by the reshape effect. And not the area I have selected with the pen tool. I am very new in after effects, so it might be a simple solution to my problem.

All help very much appreciated ! :) :) :)

Return to posts index

Erik LindahlRe: Morph problem in after effects.
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 11:14:05 am

I'm no expert on the particular tutorial, but does reshape simply transform shape A to shape B, i.e. the image more or less becomes a distorted mesh?

Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Communication
------------------------

Return to posts index

Pål RønnevikRe: Morph problem in after effects.
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 12:14:56 pm

I think that is what it suppose to do. It distorts the to shapes. It goes from A to B. So the idea is that you should be able to transform one thing to another.

Return to posts index

Jeremy FabianoRe: Morph problem in after effects.
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 2:59:53 pm

I haven't tried this yet, but I plan to soon.

I did notice in your timeline though, I don't see a background layer during the morph? Is this something that is needed?

I'll look for that tutorial, I've had issues with missing one tiny part that's monumentally important :(

-Jeremy

Return to posts index

Pål RønnevikRe: Morph problem in after effects.
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 3:15:23 pm

Hello Jeremy.

I dont think you need a background layer. I have two layers on top of eachother. I think that should do it. It is only the pixels inside the marked area that should reshape. But in my case, the whole picture is affected.

Let me know if you have more succes than me in this experiment :)

Return to posts index

Jon GeddesRe: Morph problem in after effects.
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 3:34:50 pm

Hmm, one sure way to do it is rotoscope out the person for the frames in which the morph will occur, precompose it, and apply the reshape to the precomp.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy FabianoRe: Morph problem in after effects.
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 5:07:19 pm

Hmm Maybe I will learn something from this too :D

I have friends now asking me to do this for them.. odd how things always intersect in life..

Do you happen to have the link for that tutorial handy? At work and don't have an overly large amount of time to go look for it currently :(

-Jeremy

Return to posts index

Philippe LessardRe: Morph problem in after effects.
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 5:10:26 pm

Some effect does'nt work with mask, maybe they should but they don't, I look at your screengrab and maybe is just because your mask are at none when they suppose to be at add or at substract.If is the mask combination with the effect that cause the problem, then precompose and apply the effect on the precomp.

Hope this help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]