ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Expert Feed back - how to add images to a blank puzzle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James TryonExpert Feed back - how to add images to a blank puzzle
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 5:54:02 pm

Hello all,
Im new to after effects and i am picking it up fast. I bought this clip http://footage.shutterstock.com/video.html?id=194689 of a blank puzzle getting put together. I would like to add a image/logo to the puzzle as it gets put together. If you look at the clip, some of the pieces rotate.

how would the experts do this? (expert = all of you)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Expert Feed back - how to add images to a blank puzzle
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:12:06 pm

Honestly, I'd shoot it as a practical effect: a real puzzle with a logo on it. Roll tape, and have at it. Make a mistake when putting the puzzle together? Stop tape and shoot it over.

If it takes a half-day or a little more to shoot, so what? It's still a LOT easier than doing it in AE. The rotoscoping and motion tracking necessary would drive you nuts AND take days on end to get right. No kidding.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James TryonRe: Expert Feed back - how to add images to a blank puzzle
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:54:36 pm

Hmmm... Thats what i was afraid of. I pick up a small gig (the project we are talking about) Its for a intro for a web site.

I have the the background red keyed out already with text behind the puzzle that gets covered up when the puzzle is all put together and i have three slides to the left that is already done.

So all i have left is to put the company's logo on the pieces. I did export the clip as png frame by frame already. So i think its photoshop time.

I wanted to use after effect b/c i thought it would be easy to swap the text/image on the puzzle for easy of reuse.

Thank you for your thoughts

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Expert Feed back - how to add images to a blank puzzle
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 10:30:11 pm

[James Tryon] "...i think its photoshop time. "

Wow, you're brave. Good luck.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved